Sausalito, California : 7/2014 - Current
Freelance UX Design Director
- Lead client projects through the UX design process beginning with user and market research. Document friction points, ideate, and pitch improvements. Lead collaborative decision making sessions and set priorities. Design the wireframes, create the visuals, and develop a prototype for usability testing. After incorporating user feedback, spec the details, collaborate with developers and launch applications.
- Mentor staff designers and product managers. Train teams on design process and best practices for successful innovation. Help teams build in-house UX talent and locate external resources.
- Assist CEOs in defining product direction and priorities. Deliver investor product vision decks.
- Pitch ideas, submit proposals, and successfully land new clients.
Sausalito, California : 7/2014 - Current
Illustrator and Author
San Francisco, California : 2/2010 - 5/2014
Principal Interaction Designer | Strategic Projects
- Mentor designers across different clouds and achieve a unified experience vision. Create UX guidelines for evaluating design. Are we making the experience simpler? faster? smarter? and more delightful?
- Design and prototype the iPad version of Salesforce One mobile.
- Explore, concept and design ideas for a more productive mobile feed on sales accounts. Create a vision for the feed team.
- Pitched big screen value. Designed and prototyped a more efficient productivity experience that leverages a large 27" screens.
- Concept a productivity mobile application for salespeople and named it "Make My Day."
- Created mDeck. A jquery plugin that enables slide presentations and rapid prototyping in one simple to use HTML document.
Senior UX Manager | Head of Service Cloud UX
- Manage, mentor and grow a team of talented designers.
- Provide design direction across Service Cloud products. Service cloud projects include: Knowledge, Agent Console, Cases, and Customer Support Portal.
- Create a vision for a multi-channel agent experience.
- Pitch and fund next generation design projects.
- Design & prototype unfunded Service Cloud products.
- Create a vision for the next-generation of customer support. Evangelize the idea of social support throughout the company. Design a prototype and test possible interaction scenarios and refine the product. Launched a new product for Salesforce.com called Service Cloud Communities (renamed Chatter Answers).
Redwood Shores, California : 3/2000 - 2/2010
Design Director | Think.com & ThinkQuest.org
- Successfully managed the product direction, interaction design, visual design, and branding for the following web applications: Think.com: An educational application that encourages kids to create, communicate and collaborate. The application had 500k user. ThinkQuest: A global student website competition and a library. The site had 3 million visits a month.
- People Management: Mentored, recruited and managed talented designers.
- Interaction Design: Created intuitive applications to meet users’ needs
and achieve application goals. Authored design specifications that include:
interaction models, work flows, wire frames, information architectures, and
user interfaces. Developed the necessary prototypes to use during
testing. Incorporated direct user feedback into the design cycle.
- Product Management: Defined the features that enabled online social
learning. Created the future product plan. Sold the plan to our board of directors,
team and partners. Segmented the plan into iterative enhancements and managed
delivery. Partnered with engineering to implement product direction
- Visual Design: Illustrated images that appeal to a global audience.
Art directed and designed interface elements and patterns.
- Brand Management: Developed promotion collateral to market the programs
via print and online advertisements.
Design Director | New Internet Computer Company
- Designed the interaction, visual and brand experience of the $200 Linux Internet Appliance. NIC was a company owned by Larry Ellison. The project included all interaction design, software visual design, and company branding.
Team Video International
Washington, DC : 4/1997 - 3/2000
Art Director | Head of Design + Animation
- Established and managed a design and animation department; hired designer, managed budgets and projects, and brought in new business via client proposals and story boards.
- Art directed, designed and animated promotion spots, show opens, and TV network ID packages for BBC America, TLC, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, PBS, NBC4 and ABC7.
- Edited complete promo spots for BBC America and a HiDef documentary for PBS.
- Nominated for an Emmy in 5/2000 for my graphics work on BBC America and Discovery Health.
Interface Video Production
- Designed and story boarded video graphics, animated 3D projects utilizing SGI computers and Alias|Wavefront software.
- Developed unique particle and animation scripts to achieve desired visual effects.